The following rules have been written up by young people in conjunction with the Youth Group volunteers. They are aimed at ensuring that everyone who attends the group can enjoy the group, be safe, relax and have fun together.
- Smoking at the centre is only allowed outside the youth group gates. Lighters and cigarettes should not be seen within the youth group centre and grounds.
- The possession or use of drugs and alcohol are not allowed. There are to be NO drugs or alcohol on you, or in you.
- Violence of any kind is unacceptable. Loud arguments, name calling, threats, harassment, physical contact and/or any other signs of BULLYING are NOT allowed.
- Respect yourself and others. Degrading racial, ethnic, sexist, or homophobic remarks or SWEARING is not welcomed here.
- Respect all Hedon Youth Group facilities and the property around you. Littering, destruction, defacement, or theft of any kind is not tolerated.
- No energy drinks to be drunk in the Youth Group building or grounds around it.
- No running within the building or misusing the Fire Exits.
The Three Warnings Policy
The Hedon Youth Group operates a behaviour policy that involves a three warning system. We do not issue warnings lightly, but for persistent disruptive behaviour or failure to abide by the rules set out above you will be issued with:
1st Warning. We will inform you why you have been issued with a warning.
2nd Warning. We will inform you why you have been issued with a 2nd warning and a ‘cooling off’ period can be implemented.
3rd Warning. You will be told to leave the premises and your parent/ guardian will be contacted.
Depending on the severity of the offence you might be told to leave immediately and/or excluded from further group sessions at the discretion of Hedon Youth Group volunteers.